These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Sweet potatoes with roasted grapes & honey
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>A delicious dessert made from locally grown produce! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!</p>Source: askthefoodgeek.com (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
1 1/2 pounds Sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons Butter
1/4 cup Milk
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 pounds Grapes (seedless if possible)
1 tablespoon Oil
1/4 cup Chopped pecans
1-2 tablespoons Honey
Step by Step Instructions
- Set oven to 400 degrees. Wash the grapes, then place them onto a baking sheet. Toss the grapes with oil, then roast them for 20 to 40 minutes.
- Peel and cube the sweet potatoes, then put them into a saucepan with 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 to 20 minutes. Drain the water and return the potatoes to the pan.
- OPTIONAL STEP: Toast the pecans by adding them to the grapes and letting them cook for 3 minutes, then 1 additional minute at a time if you do not feel they are done.
- Add the butter to the sweet potatoes and let it melt. Add the milk & salt, then mash them all together.
- Top the now mashed sweet potatoes with the grapes, pecans, and honey.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings