These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oatmeal
From Stones River Market
<p>With the upcoming cold weather, I found this recipe on Yummly to add to the weekly newsletter.</p>Source: Yummly and Real Mom Kitchen (http://www.yummly.com/recipe/external/Apple-cinnamon-overnight-oatmeal-369527) (Entered by John Erdmann)
Serves: Serves 6 - 8
Step by Step Instructions
- Spray the insert of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner.
- Add the diced apple, milk, water, apple juice, oats, maple syrup, butter, salt, vanilla to your slow cooker and stir until well combined. Then mix in 2 Tbsp of the brown sugar along with 1 tsp of the cinnamon.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- In the morning, add the remaining 2 Tbsp brown sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon and stir the oatmeal. It will thicken more after you give it a stir.
- Unplug the slow cooker and let sit for 5 minutes. Your oatmeal is now ready to serve. Top with any additional desired toppings.
- Notes Leftovers can be placed in containers and put in the refrigerator. To reheat, just add a little milk to 1 cup of the oatmeal. Microwave for 30 seconds. Give it a stir and microwave for another 30 seconds or until heated through.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings